Thursday, October 22, 2009

Testing Windows Live Writer Portable

Girl sitting under a tree on Copley Lawn at Ge...

Image via Wikipedia

The system I’m trying to make work involves using Windows Live Writer installed on a flash drive using a specialized addition that’s supposed to make it self-contained and portable.

 

The theory is that I could then start a post on my office computer, then take it on the road with me, sit under a tree in the wilderness and finish it offline, then find somewhere with a connection for my laptop and send the post winging along its way to the blog.

 

However, as we all know, even if theory and practice are the same in theory, they are definitely different in practice. So I wasn’t too surprised to find it wouldn’t work quite like that.

 

For some reason, every time the flash drive is plugged in it loses all the settings. So you have to reconfigure it each time. Bummer! Well, back to the drawing board.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

From My Photo Album

www.flickr.com